Vontaze Burfict likes to play football. A lot. Vontaze Burfict seems to get fined. A lot.
His latest run-in, 2 separate hits in the last Pittsburgh Steelers game, cost him $112,000. Considering the opponent, it was almost worth it.
His career list of offenses, which reads like that list from season 2 of The Simpsons where Marge was documenting the ways Itchy and Scratchy were slaughtering each other, includes unsportsmanlike penalties, late hits, spearing, stepping on LeGarrette Blount, and the incident that makes us hope Ryan Taylor was wearing his jock.
Burfict’s total fines since 2013 clocks in at $415,637.
So, if you’ve ever wondered how much you could buy with the total of VB’s bad-boy money, the answer is … a lot.
What You Could Buy With Vontaze Burfict’s Fine Money
For 415,000 smackers, you could afford:
- All cost-of-living expenses for 9 out-of-state students to attend Arizona State University (Burfict’s alma mater) for a year. Plus some beer money. But you didn’t hear us say that.
- Burfict’s rookie salary as an undrafted free agent in 2012 ($390,000).
- This beautiful 3BR, 4BA house on Berwyn Place in Cincinnati, with enough left over for home furnishings.
- 415 Bengal kittens. Think $1000 for one of those critters is expensive? Mike Tyson spent about $4000 per month to care for his three white Bengal tigers back in the day.
- 24,755 copies of The Simpsons (season 2) on DVD.
And FYI, these numbers don’t reflect the $4+ million in forfeited pay that Burfict has been docked because of his suspensions. Don’t get us started.